Before you put your home up for sale, you'll want to ensure it's clean for all of the buyers that will come through. A dirty house isn't appealing, and you won't get a good offer, if you get one at all, if your home isn't in tip-top shape. Cleaning your home doesn't have to be overwhelming, below we've listed the top things to remember to clean for each room.
- Clean the door and hardware.
- Wipe off all fingerprints on windows/furniture.
- Clean off scuff marks on floors and door.
- Replace all light bulbs and ensure light fixtures are working.
- Tidy/clean up the coat closet. People WILL look in there to see the size.
- Wipe down all cabinets.
- Clean all appliances, inside and out.
- Clean stove hood, on top and bottom.
- Clean behind the refrigerator, on top and bottom too.
- Ensure the microwave is clean of food splatter.
- Clean the space behind the sink.
- Wipe down blinds/shades.
- Wash any kitchen rugs, clean the floors and baseboards.
- Store all of your pet food/food out of sight.
- Clean behind toilet and under sink.
- Only display absolute necessities, declutter.
- Organize and clean under the vanity.
- Scrub floors and clean grout lines.
- Keep dirty clothes and towels off the floor.
- Be sure to lock away any medication.
- Clean the fan and make sure it's functioning.
- Replace any dead lightbulbs.
- Wash sheets, comforters, and blankets.
- Clean the curtains and rugs.
- Dust furniture.
- Remove any obvious stains from fabrics.
- Keep closets clean and organized.
- Store away dirty clothes and personal photos.
- Clean marks on walls.
These are just the basics you don't want to forget about. If it's within your budget, we highly recommend hiring a professional cleaner to ensure your home is in its best condition.
Laurel Jonas offers a FREE staging consultation, professional pictures and video when you list with me. I understand how to maximize your homes features to obtain top dollar for your home with less days on market.
Northwest Realty Group